Gaza walled in and under siege

Gaza walled in and under siege
Largest open air prison in the world.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Subcribe only to Unsubcribe

I am really happy about the Internet, I have just switched to Hellas OnLine which means I have a fiber optic connection.  The line has taken a long time to place because Chania sits on a huge hard rock.  A great place to live when an earthquake trembles through, but not so good for digging ditches and laying underground cables.  The wait has been worth it.

I enjoy being able to get in touch with my friends around the world whenever I wish.  I also enjoy making new friends. And I enjoy researching. The only problem is that I have an interest in so many things that I'll follow just about any link that pops up if I think I can learn something new.

So I am really getting to understand my characteristic behaviors and there definitely exist some that need a bit of change.

The looming bad habit is my penchant for signing up for free newsletters.  Pretty much any button that says 'free' in reach of a mouse click does get clicked.  I've notice my work weeks go like this.

I sit down with a coffee frappe and good intentions for creative writing.  I end up signing up for a lot of newsletters and widgets.  The next week I end up unsubscribing because I will never read nor use most of my newly collected items from the Net.

Not only that, I feel badly for the people I am "unsubscribing from."  What if I hurt their feelings?  I don't want to do that, so if the number of subscribers or followers are noted I keep anything with less than 100 subscribers, I don't keep anything with more than 1000 subscribers and the rest I debate about.

Well, today is Monday.  I wonder what weird behavioral quirk will rear its ugly head next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds in flight

Greek Photographer: Greece in Black and White