Gaza walled in and under siege

Gaza walled in and under siege
Largest open air prison in the world.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Army over college, the choice can change a family.

Life Changes for the Family when a Son Chooses the Army Over College

I Worry More, Pray More and My Life Priorities Have Changed

I didn't mean to burst into tears that day. I had been reminding myself, "If she calls I'll tell her I'm here for support and then I'll just listen." But when she called, I couldn't stop

myself. I burst into tears when I heard her words, "Jess will be leaving for Iraq soon. And on the other end of the phone line my dear friend, Janie, burst into tears.

We cried together over the phone for some time, I don't know how long. I'm sure we were remembering the boys we knew in high school and what happened to them during the

Vietnam War. When we realized what we were doing we sadly laughed at ourselves, . . . continued . . . click here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds in flight

Greek Photographer: Greece in Black and White