Thinking about the meaning of dreams to help us understand the meaning of life, while making thoughtful deliberative decisions about politics because citizen input is vital to democracy.
I'm thrilled to tell you that I am a Goodwill Ambassador for the International Commission in Support of Palestinian Rights located in Gaza! A mission of this blog is to share info so we can grasp the extent of the damage colonialism forces on people, even now in the "New Millennium."
1. We will pay more attention to the behaviour of people who do not want to be held to account.
2. We will refresh our understanding of just how critical and effective public interest media is in holding power to account and fostering functioning democracies.
3. We will look again at the relationship between open societies, especially a free media, and political stability.
4. Digital media could still deliver properly on its promise in delivering improved accountability and transparency.
5. The open government movement will move from a supply side set of solutions to a demand side one.
6. . . without rebuilding trust in our institutions, and trust in the information that people – especially young people - have access to, trust in democracy will be fundamentally challenged. Tackling the trust deficit will be central to any notion of success in the future.